Edwin Pawlowski

Default Question on splitting cable signals....

"Bill" wrote in message
My cable TV reception is "OK" but I am thinking of ways to reduce signal
loss and improve the picture if possible.

- I have about 6 TV's in my house.... 3 on the main living floor, and 3 in
the upper bedrooms.
- My cable comes in the basement, and is split 4 ways, with one going to

the
upstairs.
- The upstairs lead is split again 3 ways for the bedrooms.

Have you talked to the cable company? I was pleasantly surprised a few
years ago when I found that regulations changed. I pair for cable for one
set and split it for three others, just like you have done. Definite
reception loss, but better than paying for cable for each.

Some years later, they no longer charged for additional sets. The cable
company came out and wired each one for a modest fee (10 or 15 bucks each)
and reception is now perfect for all of them. NO splitters, no amps, no
fuzzy pictures.
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome