Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default New Yankee Workshop

On 6/19/2018 5:57 PM, wrote:
On Tuesday, June 19, 2018 at 12:45:03 PM UTC-5, dpb wrote:

If had a nickel for every time he said "to hold in place while the glue
dries"!

I never understood the hysterical screeching that surfaced here and other woodworking venues when he used the brad gun. It's just a small trim nail... to me it was a good idea. I never watched Norm until the last few years he was on, so I don't know if he represented it as some "super tool" or "ultimate woodworking solution" to draw the ire of the home woodworker. It was awful on Sawmill Creek.

As another says, he started as carpenter and the projects weren't
intended as anything but what they were as beginning to intermediate
handyman projects for the amateur.

Many (and, I'd wager of those who did, a very low percentage were truly
of markedly higher skill sets) wanted to judge as if he were building
high-quality reproductions or the like.