Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default New Yankee Workshop

On 6/18/2018 9:42 PM, Michael wrote:

Questions about Season 1, Episode 1, the oak medicine cabinet:
1) Does he really need to nail on the face frame? Won't the glue hold it in place?
2) Does he need the dowels to hold his thru-tenon on the door? Won't the glue alone hold that joint place also?

I would be inclined just to use glue, but maybe I'm wrong about that.

Mike

If had a nickel for every time he said "to hold in place while the glue
dries"!

I always figured a lot of his tool and production choices were driven by
the fact that he had tool sponsors who wanted (as in expected/demanded)
their tools be front and foremost to continue the financial backing...