Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Good ideas overseas

"charles" wrote in message
In article , Dave Plowman (News)
wrote:
In article , Jethro_uk
wrote:
A while ago now (so not "new") on holiday in Cornwall, I noticed the
St. Austell ASDA had a clever car park design whereby the blue badge
spaces - despite being at the front of the store - could only be
accessed after driving through the entire car park.

That does sound a good idea.

It was telling that a chat with the security guard revealed they were
never abused (i.e. had cars with no BB parking). Which suggests most BB
abuse is because some people are lazy ****s.

The supermarket I use most has very easy parking mid week. But never
ceases to amaze me how many spend ages slotting into a space close to the
entrance. Back and forth. Rather than drive a few extra yards and drive
straight into a space. Must be some sort of competition they want to win.

Suits me, though. Having had cars damaged by having doors opened onto
them. Leaves the far end of the park nice and clear.

Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break.

Our nearest Sainsbury has put a height barrier to stop vans doingb this.

Why do they always leave their engine running? Even on a day when neither
heating or cooling is needed? And why do so many husbands waiting for the
wife do the same?

so they can listen to the radio?

Don’t need to have the engine running to listen to the radio.