Posted to uk.d-i-y
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Splitting Pills

On Mon, 18 Jun 2018 11:44:53 +0000, AnthonyL wrote:

A few years ago I mentioned to a couple of friends that I took low
dosage aspirin by breaking up a 300mg tablet into 4 or 5. They both
immediately looked at me in horror - one was a Chemist, the other was a
medical Doctor. They explained that there was no way of knowing the the
medical dose was evenly spread across the aspirin which contained other
elements to help with binding and stomach protection etc.

That's a very good point and much overlooked. You could only do this with
tablets that explicitly state they are split-able.