Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Good ideas overseas

In article ,
Jethro_uk wrote:
A while ago now (so not "new") on holiday in Cornwall, I noticed the St.
Austell ASDA had a clever car park design whereby the blue badge spaces -
despite being at the front of the store - could only be accessed after
driving through the entire car park.

That does sound a good idea.

It was telling that a chat with the security guard revealed they were
never abused (i.e. had cars with no BB parking). Which suggests most BB
abuse is because some people are lazy ****s.

The supermarket I use most has very easy parking mid week. But never
ceases to amaze me how many spend ages slotting into a space close to the
entrance. Back and forth. Rather than drive a few extra yards and drive
straight into a space. Must be some sort of competition they want to win.

Suits me, though. Having had cars damaged by having doors opened onto
them. Leaves the far end of the park nice and clear.

Because its an easy place to park and no restrictions other than a time
limit, it often gets used by van drivers on a break. Why do they always
leave their engine running? Even on a day when neither heating or cooling
is needed? And why do so many husbands waiting for the wife do the same?

--
*Windows will never cease *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.