Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Lift - Communication in emergency

Normally there is a sign which tells you about the intercom system, and I
understand its supposed to have at least 30 minutes of power after empower
failure. I'm not sure about the legal requirement but In Spain many years
ago, they had what looked like an old fashioned speaking tube device in a
little glass case on the wall of the lift with a little hammer to break the
glass. I do not speak Spanish so could not really get the point. Maybe its
for fires in a lift?
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"DerbyBorn" wrote in message
2.236...
Our local Supermarket has a lift from the basememt car-park up to Ground
Level
Stuck on the wall of the lift is a paper sign giving a Phone number to
call
in case of an emergency.
This implies to me that the Emergency System is not working. I believe the
regs say there should be a permanant means of communicating with the
rescue
service. Ones mobile phone - if it would work, does not seem to be this
solution.

Speaking to the manager he didn't seem to understand my concer and though
te phone number was the Lift engineer!