Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Good ideas overseas

One weird import that I understand is around in other countries is the
'inlink' street terminal. This magnificent piece of hard ware has an lcd
screen mainly used for advertising which is very bright. A charging bay for
phones and tablets, an actual telephone but with loudspeaker and touch
buttons and often much more.
Its started to appear here in Kingston upon thames and has wifi and also
often a seat nearby.
The term jack of all trades master of none comes to mind . No call is
private as it can be heard by the world and his wife and is free subsidised
by the adverts.
For a town which talks about decluttering the streets this seems an odd
move to me.

Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"charles" wrote in message
In article 6,
DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

these have turned up in central London - for the benefit of tourists, no
doubt.

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England