Posted to uk.d-i-y
FMurtz FMurtz is offline

Default Splitting Pills

Chris wrote:
Anyone else have issues doing this successfully? I can *never* seem to
get the damn things right down the middle and the score-lines the
manufacturers put on are no help at all.
The particular pills I'm on are a bit too strong even when split
accurately in two. I really need a dose of between 35 and 40% of a whole
pill which comes out at about 0.9mg. I have found pill-splitters to be
totally useless. The only viable solution I can think of is to dissolve a
whole tablet (2.5mg) in 100ml of distilled water in a graduated cylinder,
then syphoning off 35-40ml with a needle-less syringe. I'd like your
feedback and observations before I try this, though. AIUI, water does not
attack the active ingredient in question (diazepam) but light *does* so
provided I keep the fractions in light-tight bottles for not too long I
should be alright, provided I haven't overlooked anything. Have I?

The score lines work, just put the tablet on the table score line up and
press both sides of the score line down (saw nurse doing it)