Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Lift - Communication in emergency

wrote in message
On Sunday, 17 June 2018 16:37:39 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Our local Supermarket has a lift from the basememt car-park up to Ground
Level
Stuck on the wall of the lift is a paper sign giving a Phone number to
call
in case of an emergency.
This implies to me that the Emergency System is not working. I believe
the
regs say there should be a permanant means of communicating with the
rescue
service. Ones mobile phone - if it would work, does not seem to be this
solution.

Speaking to the manager he didn't seem to understand my concer and though
te phone number was the Lift engineer!

do mobiles work in metal lifts?

Doesnt with my mates, his call drops out when he
gets in the lift when talking to me on the mobile.

But presumably that varys with the lift construction.