Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Lift - Communication in emergency

In article ,
wrote:
On Sunday, 17 June 2018 16:37:39 UTC+1, DerbyBorn wrote:
Our local Supermarket has a lift from the basememt car-park up to
Ground Level Stuck on the wall of the lift is a paper sign giving a
Phone number to call in case of an emergency. This implies to me that
the Emergency System is not working. I believe the regs say there
should be a permanant means of communicating with the rescue service.
Ones mobile phone - if it would work, does not seem to be this
solution.

Speaking to the manager he didn't seem to understand my concer and
though te phone number was the Lift engineer!

do mobiles work in metal lifts?

not if they are in the basement

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England