Posted to uk.d-i-y
DerbyBorn[_5_] DerbyBorn[_5_] is offline

Default Good ideas overseas

Another Dave wrote in newsg6at8$85l$1@dont-
email.me:

On 17/06/18 15:42, DerbyBorn wrote:
Sometimes one sees ideas when on holiday and it makes you wonder why

the
idea is not more commonplace. An obvious one to me has been count-

down
displays on Traffic Lights (and/or the Pedestrian Light)

An idea I just saw in Italy was Pre-cast Curb Stones with a tongue

and
groove a the end so they interlocked. Must make installation easier.

In France they have stretches of motorway (10 to 20kms) where lorries
are not allowed to overtake each other. I think the police must take
offenders aside and shoot them because you don't get lorries passing

at
the glacial pace the do here.

Another Dave

I saw this on the M42 here yesterday - for a few miles on a slight up
hill gradient.