Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Phase converter

On 6/17/2018 8:17 AM, dpb wrote:

The Model 60 is a very nice dovetail-ways jointer...those are older
green/white stripe era but I don't recall just when the transitions were.

You can see the starter box on the back side in both auctions; Item 5
shows a Square D box on Item 6; Item 6 just barely shows the corner of
the box on Item 5.Â* I'd guess both of those have been added and aren't
original.Â* But, looks like you'll have all the pieces you need for
single-phase operation, just swap out the motor and rewire and resize
the heaters...

And, they're not integral-mount motor; the old PM manual in fact says
they only warranted the machine for max 2HP, not 3. Perhaps sometime
later for 3P for commercial use there was a 3HP factory version but I'd
guess there's at least a decent chance these were modified as someone
else noted to be used with a power feeder...

http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/655/4938.pdf

If you're reasonably close and could snag one of them for $250 to even
$500 you've probably got a good buy. Always would be nice to be able to
confirm bearings and all, but they're already palletized so there's no
chance for that. Even then, bearings can be replaced.