Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Phase converter

On 6/16/2018 4:16 PM, OFWW wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jun 2018 15:41:26 -0500, dpb wrote:

There's an even earlier Rockwell wiring manual for the Furnas-supplied
starters at the OWWM site
http://vintagemachinery.org/pubs/1141/2805.pdf with text/drawing
superimposed on pictures of parts. Publishing ain't what it used to
be...

WOW! I kept a copy of that just for old times sake. While some of the
circuits don't have the proper safeties for full power cut off, it did
show that circuit that was in the back of my mind. And this diagram
should be of great interest to the OP as it shows all the variables.
Albeit the new stuff is somewhat different but the circuits should
still be applicable if used per local code.

Indeed, the basic controller circuit logic is unchanged and same for
all. I've paid no attention to Code changes since about the early 70s
when went from 2-wire to 3 so I can't speak of what else there might be
required if somebody were anal-enough to try to meet current Code with
1960's (roughly*) vintage gear.

(*) I bought the Model 66 new in late 70s and PM had gone to the
Cadillac gold w/ green/red stripe then; the solid green preceded it but
this from the pictures looks like is probably the lighter later-vintage
green, not the original darker. Somewhere I've got a timeline of PM
color schemes but can't seem to put hands on it at the moment.