Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Phase converter

On 6/16/2018 7:07 PM, Bill wrote:

Look at Item #5 on the list. Item #6 looks like the switch has been
modified.Â*Â* Those are the only differences I can see from the pics.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...tails&id=21941

For something that small presuming you could win at a few hundred $,
just plan on trashing the motor and use what of the electrics you can;
I'd bid on the cheaper one probably because folks will see the switch
has been moved and figure something's wrong with it; even if it doesn't
work replacements are easy and not expensive.

The base machines look in pretty good shape; that's all one really needs.

I thought we were talking something serious like a 12" Crescent or the
like, probably...

The Model 60 is a very nice dovetail-ways jointer...those are older
green/white stripe era but I don't recall just when the transitions were.

You can see the starter box on the back side in both auctions; Item 5
shows a Square D box on Item 6; Item 6 just barely shows the corner of
the box on Item 5. I'd guess both of those have been added and aren't
original. But, looks like you'll have all the pieces you need for
single-phase operation, just swap out the motor and rewire and resize
the heaters...