Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Phase converter

On 6/15/2018 11:57 PM, OFWW wrote:

dpb gave some great advice. I don't know what type of a switch is on
the jointer so it would be hard to say, there are so many variables
that I would ask the guy first what he has and a picture if possible.

3ph is virtually certain to have magnetic starter; a NEMA 1 is rated 3hp
single phase; I'd be extremely surprised if the jointer he's looking at
has a NEMA 0 although is possible; that would be the question to ask.

The question of vintage and availability of heaters is a good one altho
most old models of the usual manufacturers one can find replacement
heaters for or others will cross.