Greg O

Default Christmas Present for the DIY spouse

"Judy and Dave G" wrote in message
Hello friends.

I bought a bunch of plastic storage tubs. Not large, 9x12 and about 8"
deep. I labeled the tubs. Hammers, screwdrivers, wrenches, pliers,

files,
socket stuff, "plane, shave, scrape", cut, putty, measure, angles and
straights, etc. (can't remember any others). Then I labeled some of the
tubs for specific things, sandpaper, sandpaper rolls, saw guides, paper

and
pamphlets, writing, fire lighting, lights, pneumatics, clean, oil, etc.

Then I emptied every darn thing that had tools and parts in it. And I put
them where they belong. Then I dumped out every coffee can, jar, tub,
bucket, etc. that had nails or stuff in it. And I separated that stuff.
Put all the lug type bolts, nuts, screws in one section of the small

shelves
using jars, small plastic containers, baby food jars, etc. Did the same
with drywall/deck type screws. And with treated nails, screws and stuff.
And small bolts. small screws. nuts. washers. Then I gathered up every
hand tool I could find. All of these gatherings included both sheds, the
honey house, the outhouse, and both barns. There wasn't too much stuff in
the barns that belonged in the work area, but there were some. And I put
the tools into their cases and labeled the outside of the case with what

was
in it. Then I labeled some larger tubs to hold some of the power tools

that
had accessories. I put these cases and tubs on the larger shelves. I

hung
hand saws and larger things on nails on the main beam down the center of

the
workshop. I hung a pipe on the wall above the cabinet that I put the

bench
sander and grinder on. I hung all of the telescoping and larger clamps on
it.

I separated garden stuff, auto stuff, etc. Labeled tubs and separated

them.
Like fuses, weedwhacker cord and parts, protection (ear, eye, hands),

rags,
etc.

This christmas present took me about 3 weeks, full time, to do. But,

honest
to heaven, the man hasn't had to ask me where something is since I

finished
it. That was the week after Thanksgiving. And he actually puts stuff

back
when he is done. Because everything has someplace to be.

LOL!!
Reminds me of a couple years back when my SWMBO decided to clean and
organize my shop. It truely was not that bad, it just was not up to "her"
expectations. I could not find anything for weeks!! Her methods of sorting
made no resonable sense to me what so ever!
I let her know that I loved her dearly, and appreciated the gesture, gave
her a big hug, and told her to stay the HELL out of my shop!!
Greg