Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Do they make paint stirrers for 5 gallon buckets?

On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 1:39:58 AM UTC-4, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, June 13, 2018 at 12:35:14 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jun 2018 00:07:15 -0500, wrote:

Do they make paint stirrers for 5 gallon buckets?

I only see short ones that attach to a drill, and are made to mix gallon
cans of paint. I have several 5 gallon buckets of a roofing sealer that
have been sitting for years and settled. It's a tar-like material, and
rather thick. Stirring by hand seems near impossible. I just need a long
enough stirrer to put in my drill. I have a powerful industrial plug in
drill that should handle the job, if I can find an appropriate stirrer.

They certainly make them. Just be sure you get a paint stirrer not a
mortar mixer.
https://tinyurl.com/ycqdo92t

A 1/2 inch heavy duty drill might be a good idea to use with the stirrer. ^_^

[8~{} Uncle Grind Monster

They work fine with a 3/8" drill, variable speed is essential though.
It doesn't take much power to mix compared to drilling holes in steel.
I used one recently to mix up old driveway coating.