Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Smart meters yet again - EON

"Halmyre" wrote in message
On Tuesday, June 12, 2018 at 4:34:28 PM UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
whisky-dave wrote :
How does that save me money ?

It avoids them having to employ a little man to drive around in his
van, collecting meter readings. It is greener that burning fuel driving
around to collect them.

For you, there is no immediate benefit, but all of these things help
reduce running costs and long term we will see some benefits.

My arse. Or do you still believe in 'trickle-down' economics?

Nothing to do with trickle down economics.

With such an aggressively competitive market, reduced
costs will inevitably see the most competitive able to
offer cheaper electricity and gas prices to the consumers.