Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Smart meters yet again - EON

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 14:20:17 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/06/2018 13:10, Martin Barclay wrote:

Smart meters - 5 points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQT16jBFEw

Well that's pretty much BS.

Smart meters save you money even if you don't have one as they don't
need an army of readers to go out and read them.

How does that save me money ?

They can sell the electricity and gas too you cheaper when
they dont have to pay that army of meter readers, stupid.

They can save you money as some companies are now offering different
tariffs to customers with smart meters as they can give free days or
variable tariffs. If your lifestyle fits one of these tariffs you save
money if it doesn't, well neither does the one you are on.

you assume smart meters are here to save YOU and teh customer money ?

It isnt an assumption, its a fact.

It's not you know it's for larger company profits.

Even sillier than you usually manage in a very
aggressively competitive market like that.

How many on here have been given a discount
if they have a smartmeter installed ?

Plenty get a discount with time of use tariffs
that are only possible with a smart meter.

As for data mining, well just what can you tell from
a meter reading every few minutes? Answer not a lot.

I can.

Bull**** with anything thats any use
to the electricity or gas supplier.

Is it worth anything, well to them as buyers
of energy yes, to anyone else probably not.

I know when my immersion heater comes on and off.

Fat lot of use that is.