Posted to uk.d-i-y
Dennis@home Dennis@home is offline

Default Smart meters yet again - EON

On 12/06/2018 14:53, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 12 June 2018 14:20:17 UTC+1, dennis@home wrote:
On 12/06/2018 13:10, Martin Barclay wrote:

Smart meters - 5 points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHQT16jBFEw

Well that's pretty much BS.

Smart meters save you money even if you don't have one as they don't
need an army of readers to go out and read them.

How does that save me money ?

They can save you money as some companies are now offering different
tariffs to customers with smart meters as they can give free days or
variable tariffs. If your lifestyle fits one of these tariffs you save
money if it doesn't, well neither does the one you are on.

you assume smart meters are here to save YOU and teh customer money ?

It's not you know it's for larger company profits.

How many on here have been given a discount if they have a smartmeter installed ?

How many have switched to a smart meter tariff?

As for data mining, well just what can you tell from a meter reading
every few minutes? Answer not a lot.

I can.

You can't.

Is it worth anything, well to them
as buyers of energy yes, to anyone else probably not.

I know when my immersion heater comes on and off.

What you don't have a stat so it comes on and off by the clock, that's
just stupid.
Oh its you.