Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Recommend screw extractors that work?

On 6/11/2018 10:10 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 06/11/2018 09:02 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
Actually, I screwed up, it's only 8 years time slip. The Internet is
forever. Me and my brother have pals who own machine shops and if we
had an expensive or irreplaceable assembly we thought we would
fornicate up if we tried to remove a broken screw or bolt from, we'd
take it to a machine shop.

Sometimes EDM is the only option and not many people have an EDM
machine in the garage.

fwiw, if the situation isn't completely hopeless Grabits work like a
charm.

https://www.thegrabitstore.com/collections/grabit-pro

Â* Looks like a new take on EZ-outs ... What usually works for me is
welding a nut to the end of the broken off bolt , or using a left hand
twist drill . Depends on the situation . EDM and plasma cutting are 2
technologies I wish I had in my machine shop , but it's just a hobby and
I can't justify the cost .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old