Brent

Default Need to modify door bell

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 11:05:15 GMT, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:

I suggest you replace the bell and the buttons, try to find quality
buttons. If you are really worried, I suggest fusing the low voltage
circuit. Measure the current when activated and find an proper sized slow
blow fuse device to add to the low voltage side of the supply transformer.
That should allow normal operation, but if a button sticks again (a rather
rare event in my experience) it should blow and protect the circuit.

OK. It seems the best solution is to install a fuse.
As far as finding quality buttons, I'm unsure what a quality door bell
button would look like. I thought the one I bought was a quality
button.