Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mayla Mayla is offline

Default I saw an incredible steam forging hammer in Chicago

On Fri, 8 Jun 2018 10:19:53 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Mayla" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 7 Jun 2018 21:23:04 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Gunner Asch" wrote in message

Even California has bigger forging presses. Most are hydraulically
operated these days. Control is far far better and can be tuned to
whatever you are forging.

http://web.webermetals.com/60000-ton-press/

Thats 60,000 Tons..per square inch btw

The highest pressure presses can fit in your hand:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diamond_anvil_cell
640 GPa = 93,000,000 PSI

You appear to be mistaken. Because that's only 46,500 tons psi, more
than 20% less than Gunner's example. He says he does engineering
every
day
https://groups.google.com/d/msg/talk...8/W18ojvVyFwAJ
so he must be up on these things. Perhaps he could suggest somewhere
for you to get some remedial training. Best to avoid the
embarrassment
of claiming some dinky thing has the highest pressure when we have
it
on good authority that much higher pressures are achieved on a
warehouse-sized device.

BTW, does anybody know what they're doing with triple the pressure
of
the Earth's core, at a warehouse in California? Some kind of
cubic zirconia factory?

You appear to be another alias of Gunner's obsessively deranged
parasite.

What is this, some kind of see-no-ineptitude "engineering"
brotherhood? LOL