Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] honda.lioness@gmail.com is offline

Default Operate Refrigerator Defrost Manually for a Few Days?

On Wednesday, June 6, 2018 at 12:50:12 PM UTC-6, Uncle Monster wrote:
A famous man once said,"Experience is a fool's best teacher." Leave the old timer in place and connected then turn it with a screwdriver to switch it to defrost mode. Unless the internal contacts are burned up, it would be much safer to leave the old timer in place. What usually fails is the clock motor so you should be able to turn the shaft at the front where a flat bladed screwdriver can only turn it one way which is usually clockwise. O_o

Uncle Monster, thank you for saying, in so many words, "safety first, for cryin' out loud." I have the timer out and checked for when I have continuity to the compressor and when I have continuity to the heater. It seems reliable enough just turning the dial. I think your plan is going to work.