Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Slow wash on a washing machine

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 21:18:35 +0100, pamela wrote:

On 20:44 5 Jun 2018, Scott wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 20:35:34 +0100, pamela
wrote:

On 18:52 5 Jun 2018, Scott wrote:

On Tue, 05 Jun 2018 18:46:58 +0100, pamela
wrote:

On 09:19 5 Jun 2018, Scott wrote:

The time taken for a 60 degree cotton wash in my LG washing
machine seems to vary enormously. Sometimes it takes over
three hours. Today it is claiming it will take one hour and
15 minutes. I used to think it was to do with the size
(weight?) of the load but today is quite a full load with what
seems to be a fast cycle time. I'm puzzled.

When my machine behaved like this it turned out to be due to
worn brushes.

Worn brushes speed up the wash? Things can only get better then
:-)

Worn bushes extended the duration of the wash. New brushes
corrected it. It was a Bosch.

Since my post related to a shorter than expected wash time, can I
therefore assume that the brushes are not worn?

When you say the machine "claims" you mean it's the predicted duration
on a display. Sorry, I misread that as the actual duration.

No, I was referring to an actual (estimated) duration. Forget the
word 'claims'. My point was that I put on a wash and it took about
one hour 15 minutes to complete. The same programme on other
occasions has taken over three hours.

Alan has helpfully pointed out that the load (in effect the amount of
water absorbed by the garments) affects the time, which makes sense as
the washing this morning was bulky rather than heavy.

I don't think worn brushes enter into the equation or washing times
would get longer and longer and this would not account for a reduction
from three hours to one and a bit hours