Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Slow wash on a washing machine

On Tue, 5 Jun 2018 11:43:50 +0100, Max Demian
wrote:

On 05/06/2018 09:19, Scott wrote:
The time taken for a 60 degree cotton wash in my LG washing machine
seems to vary enormously. Sometimes it takes over three hours. Today
it is claiming it will take one hour and 15 minutes. I used to think
it was to do with the size (weight?) of the load but today is quite a
full load with what seems to be a fast cycle time. I'm puzzled.

Do you mean the time on the display, or the actual time taken? If on the
display, when did it show? As soon as you set it, or shortly after?

I'm used to mine revising the time mid cycle. For the 60° cotton wash it
starts at 2:42, then it might jump from 2:08 to 1:18 and end up taking
1:52. I assume this is because the time taken for the water to reach 60°
will depend of the amount of water which will depend on the size of the
load. (It tops up a few minutes after starting.)

On the display after a bit of 'analysing' but is seems accurate. I
think Alan has hit the nail on the head in that the washing was bulky
more than heavy.