Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default Slow wash on a washing machine

On 05/06/2018 09:19, Scott wrote:
The time taken for a 60 degree cotton wash in my LG washing machine
seems to vary enormously. Sometimes it takes over three hours. Today
it is claiming it will take one hour and 15 minutes. I used to think
it was to do with the size (weight?) of the load but today is quite a
full load with what seems to be a fast cycle time. I'm puzzled.

Washing machines tend to adjust the amount of water used dependant on
load. A large load will act like a large sponge and the much water is
retained in the garments when the machine checks the water level. The
greater amount of water in the machine during the heating cycle the
longer it takes.