Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default doing things right

On Sun, 3 Jun 2018 16:16:17 -0400, Wade Garrett
wrote:

On 6/3/18 11:23 AM, dadiOH wrote:
Midmorning yesterday, I ordered a battery operated wall clock through
Amazon. It arrived TODAY, Sunday, at about 9:30 AM.

INCREDIBLE!! Amazon has their stuff down pat. Would that others, like
Microsoft, I'm thinking especially of their latest and greatest. Does all
sorts of stuff people don't want; forced updates that people don't want.
Lots of stuff people don't wan't and can't stop All the characteristics of
a virus.

Amazon says, do it better.

Microsoft says, screw them they'll do as we say because we know better.

One wonders about a business model that thinks it's good idea to spend
the extra money to deliver a wall clock to a retail customer the next
day, a Sunday even...

As a recent - late-to-the-show - user of Amazon - grey-haired
fogey - the few things that I've ordered were delivered on time ;
in proper condition ; and met my expectations.
Price point was very good - and was the reason I went Amazon.
I paid zero shipping - not Prime - but the orders just met the free
shipping amount. it would have made a difference
John T.