Posted to rec.woodworking
Idlehands Idlehands is offline

Default Weird Pipe Found Buried in Yard

On 2018-06-03 12:11 AM, J. Clarke wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jun 2018 22:34:23 -0700, OFWW
wrote:

snip

There is that option, as well as WIFI with the right antennae's.

Wifi _is_ microwave. It runs 2.5 or 5 GHz, both of which are solidly
in the microwave range.

We
have installed systems at low cost that were acceptable over several
miles.

A wired system might need a signal booster/repeater depending on the
total conduit feet run. I'd be tempted to run an above ground test
setup with a computer at the other end plugged into the power supply
in that bldg and run a speed test via software and see if there are
little to no problems.

Signal booster? Repeater? You really are out of touch. Twisted pair
ethernet is rated for 100 meters with timing being the limiting
factor. You can't extend it with a signal booster or repeater. The
correct means of extending the range is to use a switch and another
100 meter run (hubs don't exist for anything above 10baseT--100baseTX
and gigabit are always switched). If you need an uninterrupted run
longer than 100 meters you need to go to fiber for that run. However
running from a house to a garage should not be 100 meters unless it's
a very large property.

I might have problems with being a bit overcautious here.

There are a number of extenders on the market that extend Cat6 POE over
long distances and I have used a number of them successfully.

http://www.veracityglobal.com/produc...e-devices.aspx

https://ethernetextender.com/cat6-repeater/

--
The difference between pizza and your opinion is
I asked for the pizza.