Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Electyricity costs

Well I have to really stay with edf, but I do rather feel that although all
the big companies deny it there is a cartel in operation. its strange that
the eventual quote based on past usage from most suppliers for me shows that
on my current supplier I save a meesly 45 quid.
Now I fully understand that they are all in effect buying the same
electricity, in my case, but it appears that all companies will give you a
bigger discount on Electricity if you buy gas as well but I have no gas.

No I think we are all being shafted here and I see no light at the end of
the tunnel until a scandal is unearthed. Where are all the investigative
journalists?

Having said about the discount the total estimated is nearly 100 quid more
than this last year in any case, no doubt to pay for smart meters and fixing
all the badly maintained infrastructure. After all they may have devolved
the companies into various silly named companies running the grid, but they
obviously charge the supplier for their work and we have no sight of this
amount and it can make one wonder if these companies have the suppliers over
a barrel.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Tim Watts" wrote in message
news
On 02/06/18 11:32, Andy Burns wrote:
The Natural Philosopher wrote:

I have just received a notce of tarriff incvrease to 17.51p per unit

It's certainly looking difficult to find any decent bargain fixed
tariffs, mine's up for renewal next month and the only cheap ones are "no
names".

I can recommend Bulb - a pretty reasonable variable tariff, decent website
for sending in readings and amazing customer service both by phone and
email. They managed to fix a long standing problem where leccy and gas
were on different postcodes! (I have a corner house). That used to confuse
the hell out of dual fuel signup websites.