Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Making a foot bridge, need some help

On 6/2/18 6:44 PM, david wrote:
I am building a foot bridge over a creek. I don't want to try and sink
footers/posts in the creek itself,Â* I am wondering how long a 2x12 can
span. I am able to find 26 foot treated 2x12's locally.Â* If I sandwiched
two of them
together on each side of a say a 3 foot wide foot bridge would that
work?Â* The
ends of the bridge will be treated 6x6 posts (so 4 total).Â* The span
between
posts will almost be the full 26 feet.Â* My question is:

1. is this safe?
2. is the perfect?
3. is this overkill?

Thanks
David

Would a flat truss be a practical alternative?