Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default Weird Pipe Found Buried in Yard

On 6/1/2018 5:27 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

In one house we had, there was an electrical line that came out of the
vent in the foundation of the house and disappeared under the ground. I
know they had a water feature in the front yard and assumed it was for
the pump.

Last summer I dug up a clogged gutter drain pipe 50' from my house.
When I pulled out the pipe, there was a 14 gauge electric wire crossing
under the pipe. Luckily I missed chopping up the wire by about an inch.
No idea what it was for, probably an old, long gone driveway lamp. Later
digging next to the house, I found a line coming out of the house about
a foot under ground going who knows where, but I think it is still live.

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com