Zymurgy

Default OT - Monitors - TFT v. CRT

Juliette wrote
"nightjar" says...

I started using TFT monitors almost as soon as they became available. I had
one user who could see flicker on even the highest spec CRT I could buy at
the time and, at a cost of £2k, the TFT cured the problem.

We replaced my partner's CRT monitor with a TFT because I could
see the flicker and although he couldn't he was suffering rather
badly with eyestrain and headaches.

Quality CRT's can go up to 85MHz refresh rate, I have no discernable
flicker on mine.

Like yours, this wasn't a cheap, nasty CRT - computers are how we make a
living so we don't cut corners on quality.

I'm on a Sun 21" Re-badged Sony Trinitron

The TFT did cure the eyestrain and the headaches

I've used both, but i'm staying on a decent CRT for the moment, until
we can get bigger TFT screens.

Cheers,

Paul.