Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Oven with temperature readout

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
On Fri, 01 Jun 2018 14:28:28 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Jimmy Wilkinson Knife wrote:
That is simply down to the thermostat design - hysteresis, etc.

Or the compressor taking a while to get going? If I turn on a
resistive element, I get heat immediately. If I turn on a
compressor, a few minutes pass before cooling takes place, and
another few minutes for it to stop cooling when I turn it off. Even
if a fridge stat had a hysteresis of 0.00001C and the air inside the
fridge was blown around by a fan, so perfectly even, it would still
continue to cool after the compressor was turned off due to the
thermal capacity of the coolant in the internal pipes.

Thanks for confirming you don't know what hysteresis is.

I know exactly what it is, but the sentence above suggests we're talking
about THERMOSTAT hysteresis.

If you're using a sensor with electronics to set the temperature as many
do rather than a mechanical thermostat these day, the hysteresis is what
you decide it to be.

--
*The statement above is false

Dave Plowman London SW