Posted to rec.woodworking
Puckdropper Puckdropper is offline

Default Looking for Child / Toddler safe finishes

pyotr filipivich wrote in
:

Ummm - I don't know yet. She Who Makes These Plans hasn't given
me a complete list. I'm not sure it these are "playing peices", peg
people markers or something else.
But I thought I ought to plan ahead.

If you turn the piece, you don't need a finish at all. Just sand your way
through the grits until you get to 2000. This works best on pretty woods,
I think the top I did this on was Sapele.

It's a bit time consuming for other pieces, even with one of Tom "Leon"
Sawyer's Festool Makes Sanding Fun's sanders. Tell us, Leon... When was
the last time you sanded Aunt Polly's fence? :-)

Puckdropper