Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Well pump questions and water softener

On Wed, 30 May 2018 11:01:45 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Wed, 30 May 2018 09:44:41 -0700 (PDT), Woodworking Smarter
wrote:

On Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 5:42:00 PM UTC-7, Bill wrote:
We had to maintain a pretty large radius as the pipe was transitioned
from vertical coming out of the casing to horizontal, and take care not
to let the loop flop/fall over sideways. The pipe is flexible, but
once its folded/crimped, it breaks/develops holes easily - or so we were
told.

Thank you Bill. Had not thought that big radius/loop thing through, a 180-ft loop of tubing going roughly straight out sounds like a struggle.

Might have to stay with fixed-length pipe.

Around here...many people will take a LARGE cable spool and remove
the two side pieces..the big side pieces. Then they will put a 4x4
between them all the way around. Makes it hex shaped (more is
better)...or use a piece of 2 1/2" PVC heated up and then using all
thread..bolted between the two big pieces of wood. This makes a
decent enough pulley that will handle the tubing as it comes out of
the well and then out to the yard. Legs and an axle of course are
necessary but can be easily made from 4x4s and a chunk of pipe.

And when I say large...4' minimum..minimum diameter...6'-8' are far
far better.

---