Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Minchin[_4_] Bob Minchin[_4_] is offline

Default Oven with temperature readout

Hankat wrote:

"Bob Minchin" wrote in message
news
Pinnerite wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Pinnerite wrote:
I am trying to find a reasonably priced single oven with a digital
temerature readout. None of the sites I have visited boast of one.
Anybody any useful recent experience?

Do you mean one which reads the true temperature as measured by a
sensor,
rather than just a digital display of what it's meant to be?

Yes

I think any sensible manufacturer would not offer this as it would
clearly show the variations in temperature as the control system cut
in and out causing some customers to be dissatisfied and letters of
complaint.

And yet they have done with fridges.

I can't imagine other than a very high end oven employing a 3 term PID
controller when a gradual variation +/- a few degrees from a simple
bang bang controller would make no discernible difference in cooking
performance.

Yes, I agree they have put them in refrigeration. However my freezer
never seems to change even if the door has been opened so I assume they
take the measurement on or near the evaporator. There is also a fairly
clever processor in there that runs the auto defrost interval that is
varied according to how often the door is opened so it could also slug
the temperature readout to stop it changing when the door is opened.