Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Well pump questions and water softener

I pulled my much shallower well pump using a scissor lift a few years
ago. The total job took me a lot longer than 2 hours. If I had done it
with a chain lever setup (which I have used on other wells in the past)
it would have taken me all day. $700 for a pump and $700 for everything
else seems pretty reasonable to me. Actually maybe a little cheap. I
did it myself because I was a little cash short at the time. With a
wife and kids in the house, not having water was not acceptable. LOL.
If I count the time chasing parts and setting up to do the job it took
me all day anyway. It was hot too. Thankfully my son was available to
help.

Kenmore water softener. Call Sears customer service, pay for the
service call, and grill the guy who comes out to decide whether or not
it will be worth your while to service it yourself in the future.