Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT Garmin Etrex 10 GPS device

On 30/05/18 08:49, PeterC wrote:
On Tue, 29 May 2018 13:17:38 -0700 (PDT), Murmansk wrote:

Some friends of mine bought a Garmin Etrex 10 GPS device for use when out walking.

They're not very techy so asked me to look at it. It's very primitive, with utterly useless instructions and I can't for the life of me work out how to access the routes I've uploaded onto it as a GPX file.

It was only cheap, how much does one need to pay to get one that is a bit more inspiring!?

I bought one of those late last year. Not yet got the hang of it, but all I
want is to be able to: Start/Stop it easily; delete the recorded data in a
simple way; start a new record.
I was hoping to get some idea of spot speed, intermediate distance and time
at a glance.
The downloaded 'manual' is so basic it's little more use than if it had
'Izal' as its ()sole contents!

isnt this why one has a smart phone?

--
"What do you think about Gay Marriage?"