Posted to alt.home.repair
John Keiser[_2_] John Keiser[_2_] is offline

Default Removing Stuck Shower Handle

I have a Grohe shower unit installed by a previous owner.
I want to inspect so I can get a replacement cartridge.
I don't know the model number.
There are 2 handles which need to be removed: the bottom controls the
temperature [came off easily - minor lime deposits visible on the
inside] and a smaller top knob which toggles water flow from the main
shower head to a hand-held unit.
I removed the only set screw but the smaller handle won't slide off.
I assume it has a nice lime buildup on the stem.
I don't want to brute force as Grohe parts are expensive.
The handle is positioned so soaking with CLR would require great cleverness.
Any suggestions on how to safely remove the handle?
Thank you.

John Keiser

---