Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Why Are Educated People More Likely to Be Atheists?

On 05/28/2018 09:36 PM, T wrote:
On 05/28/2018 06:43 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/28/2018 07:16 PM, T wrote:
On 05/28/2018 11:15 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/28/2018 03:33 AM, T wrote:
I wish they'd drop this practice and go back to married priesthood.
It would solve a lot of issues. We'd (Orthodox) love to show
them how to return to apostolic teaching. And turn these
predators over to the secular authorities for punishment.

You don't have to search far to find married clergy that are perverts
or pedophiles. The Catholic Church presents a big target. When Billie
Joe Bumbuster of the Sweet Jesus Church of the Salvation gets caught
with his pants down it's an isolated instance and only gets reported
locally. Unless it happens to be one of the megachurches Bumbuster
doesn't have two dimes to rub together so a civil suit will come up
dry.

I don't recall any spouses at the Last Supper. Didn't they invite the
women? What is the apostolic teaching on that? iirc Paul wasn't a
ladies man either or most of the Church Fathers.

A bunch of them were married. Peter was spoken of directly
in the Bible.

One verse. And the rest? Matthew 18:12

Most sources like to talk abut whether they should be married or not,
so they jsut say, most were married and doln't reference.

Here is on Roman Catholic source that does give a reference:
https://forums.catholic.com/t/which-...married/175458

St Peter was married
St Andrew
St Bartholomew
St Matthew
St Philip
St Jude

St Paul too, but he was not one of the original deciples

Keep in mind that Jewish tradition is to get married.

If you would like an Orthodox source, I can look into it
further.

No need, not my problem.