Posted to alt.politics.scorched-earth,alt.home.repair,uk.legal,uk.politics.misc,alt.politics.uk
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Why Are Educated People More Likely to Be Atheists?

On 05/28/2018 11:15 AM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/28/2018 03:33 AM, T wrote:
I wish they'd drop this practice and go back to married priesthood.
It would solve a lot of issues.Â* We'd (Orthodox) love to show
them how to return to apostolic teaching.Â* And turn these
predators over to the secular authorities for punishment.

You don't have to search far to find married clergy that are perverts or
pedophiles. The Catholic Church presents a big target. When Billie Joe
Bumbuster of the Sweet Jesus Church of the Salvation gets caught with
his pants down it's an isolated instance and only gets reported locally.
Unless it happens to be one of the megachurches Bumbuster doesn't have
two dimes to rub together so a civil suit will come up dry.

I don't recall any spouses at the Last Supper. Didn't they invite the
women? What is the apostolic teaching on that? iirc Paul wasn't a ladies
man either or most of the Church Fathers.

A bunch of them were married. Peter was spoken of directly
in the Bible.