Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Why Are Educated People More Likely to Be Atheists?

On Monday, May 28, 2018 at 5:33:46 AM UTC-4, T wrote:
On 05/27/2018 09:10 PM, rbowman wrote:
On 05/27/2018 07:56 PM, Byker wrote:
It comes as no surprise that most of these Catholic sex-abuse victims
aren't
exactly the brightest bulbs in the string. Most come from working-class
families whose educations never went beyond high school.

I in no way want to imply there are not bent priests, no do I want to
defend them and their enablers. BUT I'm also somewhat cynical. If
claiming that a person was sexually abused by a priest 20 years ago is
linked to a big payday from the diocese, I can see the possibility of
long suppressed memories suddenly arising.

Maybe I was lucky. The head priest where I grew up was into horses. I
don't mean that in any perverted way. It might have been the only parish
that had a stable and a resident thoroughbred. It also had an annual
horse show that was a recognized event on the horse show circuit. Other
than the horse thing he was reserved and did his priest thing without
getting chummy.

The assistant priest was younger and worked with the CYO and so forth.
He was a little nerdy but that was as far as it went. His big passion
was Gregorian chants.

Hi R,

I grew up Catholic and in Catholic school. Whilst it is
good to be skeptical due to the big pay outs, I do
have to tell you that a lot of the priests I met were
really weird in a creepy manner, especially in the bathroom.

Somewhere around the 10th century -- around the time they left
the apostolic church -- they decided on an unmarried priesthood,
meaning a gay priest hood. Keep in mind that the apostolic
church strictly forbids that.

I wish they'd drop this practice and go back to married priesthood.
It would solve a lot of issues. We'd (Orthodox) love to show
them how to return to apostolic teaching. And turn these
predators over to the secular authorities for punishment.

I am glad I did not know why at the time and I am also
glad they knew my father would have killed them with his bare
hands, which did protect me.

That all being said, these predators play into those that
hate Christian in a big way. And I am sure also blown
out of proportion because of the hate.

-T

Why does your all powerful god allow priests or anyone to harm children?
Must be a sadistic god who likes to watch children suffer. A few lightning
bolts to fry the perps or giving them some horrible, not-transmittable
disease is all it would take to end it. You have a personal relationship
with Jesus, ask him that for us and let us know how and when he replies.