Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Generator wiring question

On Sun, 27 May 2018 17:36:39 -0400, Bob Engelhardt
wrote:

On 5/27/2018 5:10 PM, Terry Coombs wrote:
On 5/27/2018 3:32 PM, Bob Engelhardt wrote:
... * You have no control over the neutral currents in your
panel and circuits.

... And FWIW I disagree with
your statement that I have "no control" over neutral currents . I may
not have a perfect balance , but I have a pretty good idea of what loads
will be on most circuits and that influences my decision on which leg to
place that load . ...

Careful, now... I said "in your panel and circuits". Your balancing
does not affect any neutral current in your branch circuits. Only in
the aggregated current in the neutral wire coming to your panel.

Unless you are using "edison circuits" - or sub-panels