Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default Briggs and Stratton 3.5 hp lawnmower engine problem

On 5/26/18 5:04 PM, wrote:
They must have some pretty strong magnets and the voltage at operating
RPM must be VERY high. I guess that's what is needed for really high
compression engines.

At one time, I had a '55 Chevy 2-door sedan.
With a 437 cu in big block,Hilborn fuel injection
https://kinsler.com/Shop/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/BBC-X-ram.jpg?9a05f9&9a05f9
and other assorted"make a **** ton of horsepower" goodies.

One of them was a Hunt Magneto.

One day, while hanging out at a local wrecking yard, a guy bet me he
could kill my engine by ****ing on it.

Heh. "$100 says ya can't."

I opened the hood, by tilting the whole front end forward.

He unzips his fly and I watch the golden stream arch over until it
hits the distributor.

My Chevy is still idling, and he's laying on his back screaming "My
dick!"

I just walked over to him, "When you're done screaming,you owe me
$100."

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0