Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Mower Engines And Brands ?

On 5/25/2018 5:01 PM, Robert11 wrote:
Hi,

Will probably go for a new Mower.
21' or 22". and self propelled.

Questions, please:

a. Any consensus re Briggs & Stratton vs. Tecumseh in the size
ranges for the mowers I'd be interested in ?

Or, both pretty much the same in quality ?

b. I see Honda Motors on Hsquva brand mowers.
Quite pricey.

Any thoughts on these, motor and/or Mower by Hsquva ? Worth the premium ?

c. Our Ace Hardware has Craftsman with the B&S engine.
Can't imagine who makes Craftsman anymore.
Do they still exist as a real company, or just someone using their name ?

Any thoughts on their mowers ?

Thanks,
Bob

Â* Have you considered re-powering the mower you have ? I purchased a
"used" Honda OHC engine for my tiller , right at a hundred bucks . It
looked brand new - these motors come off equipment with other problems ,
in my case a power washer with a bad pump . The paint on the muffler
wasn't even discolored ... but it darn sure is now , and I'm very happy
with my decision . Another thing , this is a 6 hp motor , the original
Briggs was only 3.5 .

--
Snag
Ain't no dollar sign on