Joseph Meehan

Default Whole house Humidifier questions.

"B Long" wrote in message
Where do you get the 3rd party media?

I have an AprilAire and am a bit concerned about mold buildup in my home
walls if I use the humidifier.

I also have a 95% furnace with outside flue gas discharge through PVC
piping. I'd like to also use PVC for the air intake to the furnace - OK

per
the furnace manual - but wonder if that would also contribute to mold
buildup since I'd have much less air infiltration. Any comments anyone?
Bob

I tend to believe you are worrying too much. Have you had a mold
problem? Do you have people in your home who have verifiied mold
sensitivity?

It would be rare that you would have mold on walls without some sort of
construction problem adding moisture to the wall, like a roof or plumbing
leak or insulation problem.

The Aprilair and most other humidifiers are adjustable to keep the
humidity to a predetermined level. In addition many, including the Aprilair
I have automatically adjust based on the outside air temperature to prevent
such problems.

Maybe you have had or heard of problems from less advanced units?

--
Joseph E. Meehan

26 + 6 = 1 It's Irish Math