SteveB

Default Fence responsibilty?

wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 10:58:48 -0800, "SteveB"
wrote:

Since the future fence will be located on his property, I would either

tell
him to pay for the thing himself, or offer to pay some small amount to

keep
the peace. I would insist that the fence be located at least one inch
inside his property line so he can't come back at you later. Since he
"notified" you that you would "have" to pay half, he may be incorrectly
advised, not know the facts, or just be a garden variety putz.

The fence guide lines in the HOA by laws for our association require
that fences either be on the property line or FIVE (5) feet inside of
it. (Double fences are not permitted - cases where two home owners
want different style fences along the same boundary line.)

Since he notified the OP that he would have to pay half, I would feel
the only obligation the OP has is to notify him that he was NOT paying
anything!

DOH!

Sorry I missed the fact that this is a HOA situation. In that case,
whatever the HO Nazis decree is what is to be done.

Common sense tells me that the one homeowner has no oblgation to pay for his
neighbor's pool fence.

Steve