Art Begun

Default Fence responsibilty?

You are likely correct. I told him to check.

wrote in message
On Thu, 25 Dec 2003 03:09:58 GMT, "Art Begun"
wrote:

In
any case you risk losing a few feet of property if he is on your

line
without permission. Normally he has to have a set back. Whether

not
having a set pack is the same as being on your property and
maintaining it for the purposes of adverse possession, I do not

know
and you should find out.

First - adverse possession seldom is effectively enforced,

especially
with regard to residential real estate that is occupied.

Second - If there is any provision for the application of adverse
possession where the property is located the survey and transfer of
title at the time of purchase negated it as far as the current owner
is concerned and the clock would start to run from the time he took
title to the property.

Third - all of the above is completely moot since if the fence is on
the property line and none of the OP's property is being encroached
upon! Where do you get the idea that "a few feet" of the OP's
property s in jeopardy?